Department of Mechanical and Mathematical Engineering
At the Department of Mechanical and Mathematical Engineering, we are looking for the following kinds of people who aim to be engineers, researchers, and educators who possess a global perspective to solve a variety of problems through the combination of mechanical engineering, which acts as the key skill for craftsmanship, with mathematical engineering, which is required for advanced system technologies.
- People who are aware of issues related to human well-being and the fusion of man and environment and who are very enthusiastic about the next generation of craftsmanship
- People who want to acquire a global perspective, excellent expressive abilities and communication skills and who want to be engineers and researchers who exhibit leadership and the ability to take action
- People who can clarify the problematic areas of an issue and can aim to systematically solve these problems
- People who want to acquire expertise in mechanical and mathematical engineering, in addition to a wide-ranging education, and who are interested in applying this knowledge to help society and wish to contribute to society on a wide scope through a comprehensive perspective.
- People who understand the basic subjects covered in classes taken through high school, especially in mathematics, physics, or chemistry, or who possess excellent skills in multiple subjects
Our Department offers three education programs: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Systems, and Applied Mathematics. By developing an education program that breaks down the barriers of engineering and mathematics, we nurture talent that possesses fundamental knowledge and skills in both engineering and mathematics and can practically apply these to a variety of issues.
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Architecture
- Department of Mechanical and Mathematical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Materials Science and Applied Chemistry